Hey ladies ! It’s that time of the year ! Nice bods, swimsuit bikinis, water, sun, tanning, and don’t forget those waxes in the most sensitive place of them all! Getting a Bikini or Brazilian Wax can be the most uncomfortable feeling , yet as women we know that pain is beauty.
Here are some tips for making your grooming time a fun experience, while ignoring the pain of getting that hot brazilian wax.
1.) Skip the coffee right before Ladies! Caffeine can be a great way to start your day with getting sparks of energy, but not just before your spa day getting a Brazilian wax. The stimulants in coffee can make your skin very sensitive. The vaginal area is already sensitive enough, so if you just have to have coffee do decaf for the morning and drink a cup after your wax instead.
2) Exfoliate before: Although the goal of waxing is to remove unwanted hair, the process also exfoliates your skin. Use a body scrub two days before so that there isn’t any extra dry, dead skin hanging around that can make it harder for the wax to grab hairs. Now OUCCCH that would definitely be painful
3) Get you that Numbing Cream! It’s worth it ! PLEASE PLEASE WHATEVER YOU DO —Do not — use ice to numb the area before waxing. The ice will tighten up and close your pores, making the waxing much more difficult. If you use a numbing cream 30 minutes before your appointment it will help limit some of the pain.
4) Go right after your period!!! A woman’s pain threshold is higher just after her period ends. Schedule an appointment a few days after your menstrual cycle– time of the month.
5) Take aspirin: It works as long as it’s 45 minutes before your appointment and then let it kick in. Do not overdo it with the pill popping ladies!
6) Take a warm bath first: If you have before an appointment try soaking in a warm bath for about 20 minutes. This will open up your pores and soften the hair, which will make the waxing easier too.
7) Resist the temptation to shave —- Three weeks prior to waxing, YOU WANT TO stop shaving. This will even out the hairs and make it easier to get a wax.
8) Try Avoid Working Out or Wearing Tight Clothes After – If you workout 48 hours after getting a wax, you risk the possibility of getting wax bumps which defeats the whole purpose of having a smooth wax for your vaginal area. Sweat from working out will clog up your pores and build up bacteria surrounding the freshly new wax. And wearing tight fitted clothes adds to getting ingrown hairs.
5 Things Your Bikini Waxer Won’t Tell You
12 Tips to Make a Brazilian Wax Less Painful
Read more: http://stylecaster.com/beauty-high/brazilian-wax/#ixzz3dMiEcLyU