While growing up as a Christian, gospel music was embedded in me as a child. From traditional hymns to contemporary gospel. Artists such as Ramiyah, Mary Mary, Donald Lawrence, Byron Cage, Richard Smallwood, Angella Christie, and Trin-i-Tee 5:7 became prominent musicians in my household. There’s nothing better than being refreshed with music that speaks to the God in you. My mom wouldn’t let us go a day without praising God with joyful melodies!
I remember in elementary school my peers thought I was so weird for knowing the latest gospel songs instead of the latest rap songs.
Now that I’m older, I still refer back to those praise and worship songs that had a huge influence in my life.
Check out 25 Gospel Songs Inside The Girls Room listed to celebrate your way into the New Year.
25. Blessed Assurance -Angella Christie
24. Center of My Joy – Angella Christie
23. Anthem of Praise -Richard Smallwood
What’s a better way to praise your way into 2016 than listening to Anthem of Praise by Richard Smallwood. Hear the timbrels, violins, and flutes in this one of a kind song of praise. Oh be joyful o ye people!
22. I Will Bless The Lord- Byron Cage
21. Hosanna -Kirk Franklin
20. I Get Joy – Mary Mary
19. Thank You Lord (For All You’ve Done) – Walter Hawkins
18. Testimony- Anthony Brown & Group Therapy
17. Fill Me Up – Casey J
16. Thank You – Mary Mary and Kirk Franklin
15. Your Destiny – Kevin Levar
14. Different – Tasha Page-Lockhart
Shifting gears into 2016, some people may be thrown off by how different you are, but don’t let that affect your walk! Keep going and pressing !
13. A God Like You -Kirk Franklin
Going forth in this New Year we must understand where all of our blessings come from! Everyone wants fame, glory, and the riches forgetting that without God we are absolutely nothing!
12. Press In Your Presence – Shana Wilson
11. Shifting The Atmosphere – Jason Nelson
10. For Every Mountain -Kurt Carr
9. Place Called Victory – Deon Kipping
8. I Worship Your Name -Trin-i-tee 5:7
7. You Are God Alone -Marvin Sapp
6. Speak to My Heart -Donnie McClurkin
5. Hallelujah Praise (The Highest Praise) – Cece Winans
4. More Than Anything – Lamar Campbell
3. Encourage Yourself -Donald Lawrence
2. Every Praise – Hezekiah Walker
- New Season – Martha Munizzi Ft. Israel Houghton
For everyone that had a rough year in 2015, remember trouble doesn’t last always and in 2016 it’s a New Season!
These were just a few songs and videos that have had a huge impact over my life within the years so hopefully they bless your life as well.